The Guttenberg.org has nearly 16000 books in digital form readily available on their site. There are many such books, which can be used as original sources in order to write an article.
There are many books which are related to Indian history and Indian people. There are books by Indian authors also.
I desire to read them all on line. However, the collection is so vast that there can be such books which one like to read but due to a big bank of books one may not find time or locate the book which one likes to read first. No doubt, the Guttenberg project has given good index and there is no need of assistance from any one to access those books. However, I am going to collect links of some selected books on this blog so that I may directly use the links whenever I come online. No doubt, such a selection will be guided by my interest and taste.
Hence, I desire to get the list of such selective titles which I want to read and which can be picked as per the desire expressed above.
Here I bring the list of the books by Guruji Rabindranath Tagore. These are the original works of Guruji. Guruji himself translates many of them. However, some of them are translated by others. What can be a better selection than this to begin with!
I have given HTML links wherever they were available at the time when I accessed the Guttenberg.org.
Works of Rabindranath Tagore:
Fruit Gathering: Fruit Gathering: Poems
EText no: 6522
- The Gardner: The Gardner : Lyrics which also form the part of Gitanjali
- Gitanjali: Gitanjali: Poems for which Guruji was given Noble Prize in Literature: The Gitanjali or 'song offerings' by Rabindranath Tagore (1861--1941), Nobel prize for literature 1913, with an introduction by William B. Yeats (1865--1939), Nobel prize for literature 1923. First published in 1913. (Quoted from Gutenberg site.)
EText No: 7164
- Glimpses of Bengal Selected letters of Sir Rabindranath Tagore : Glimpses of Bengal Selected letters of Sir Rabindranath Tagore
EText No: 7951
- The Home and the World : The Home and the World
- The Hungary Stone and other Stories: (It contains the famous Kabuliwala Story.): The Hungary Stone and other Stories
EText No: 2518
- The King of Dark Chambers : The King of Dark Chambers: A Play
- The Post Office: The Post Office : A Complete Drama
- Sadhana:The Realization of Life: Sadhana:The Realization of Life
- Songs of Kabir: Songs of Kabir
- Stray Birds: Stray Birds