August 06, 2005

World History Blog

World History BlogThis is one blog which is planned and developed in the same lines on which I am working. It is a work of an acamedician. I assume he is doing it for his students and part of his work. The idea here also seems to be to collect the relevent links on the net as per the topics as they come before you during your course of study and regular work.

The Blogger is doing stupendous job. The link which he has given for the Ottomon Empire, the empire built by Osman, is really spectacular. Some day I may also bring out similar work. Any study of history without maps is half done job. Apart from quoting the contemporary sources, or making it scientific the way Voltaire meant history to be, (does Voltaire ever gave a complete theory like his pupil Hegel did) one should give maps and basic economic data. I understand that it is not possible in case of period from previous centuries but there are now possibilities to decide and fix the data about the distance past. Archeology is bringing out enough data. Now historians are expected to analyse it and then rewrite in light of new discoveries and new scientific tools which are being developed.

I place thanks to the blogger for the job which he is doing.


I hope that he also come up with articles after evey link. I quotes from the site which he selects for inclusion to his blog. He seems to have written some articles also. However, I may soon go through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *